Condition: Used. This environmental chamber is in used condition and there is lots of wear and tear evident. The product window is completely fogged over and opaque. The photos show the exact item(s) the buyer will receive.
Notes: We ran this system to its minimum temperature. It reached -60C in about 34 minutes from 33C. Ultimately it reached -68C, taking much longer to do so. There were no strange noises or any other signs of abnormal operation. The chart recorder does not work.
The original door latch has been removed and a Schlage 320+ electromagnetic lock has been installed. It is operated with a foot switch. The heater current was verified and heat works. There are no shelves. The wheels are quite cranky and do not roll smoothly. This is a three-phase chamber, however, the loads inside are single phase. The chamber is not sensitive to phase rotation.
The chamber vent at top normally has a metal cap. This cap is missing. The operator needs to provide some kind of partial block in order to keep the environment inside within spec. We used a paper towel.
The manual has complete instructions for programming the controller and Therm-a-larm product safety device. There are also refrigeration and electrical schematics. This appears to be a general S series manual of the 1992 era; there is no datasheet detailing performance when new.
This is a good running Thermotron chamber ready to work. No manuals, cords/cables, or additional items are included if not listed or shown.
- (1) Thermotron S-8C Environmental Chamber
- (1) Non-Original Period Manual
- Manufacturer: Thermotron
- Model: S-8C
- Description: Environmental Chamber
- Date of manufacture: 1993
- Last calibration: 5-09-18
- Operating hours in refrigeration: 68,000+
- Power requirement: 208V three phase, 60Hz, 30A. The compressors are labeled 208-230V. Nominal supply voltage is 240V.
- Compressors: two 1993 manufacture, reciprocating, Copeland 3/4 ton
- Cooling: air-cooled condenser
- Chamber dimensions: 23" wide, 24" high, 24" deep. The width accounts for one of the ports.
30 Day Guarantee
- Guaranteed to be as described
- Can be returned for flaws or malfunctions that were not disclosed
- See complete terms
Customers also viewed