Manufacturer: Russells Technical Products RTP
Condition: Used. This environmental chamber is in used condition and there's lots of wear evident. The photos show the exact item(s) the buyer will receive.
Notes: This chamber runs well. It reaches -65C from 36C in 38 minutes. The sight glass had a few bubbles at -73C. The heater works. A modern off-the-shelf Watlow F4 can control this chamber in the event the 920 fails. The manual does not have the correct info for the control but the info is available online or from Watlow. It is fairly easy to use.
The chamber is evidently built to a higher standard than Thermotron chambers of the era, with a readily available control and larger compressors. Mechanical cabinet access can be had from three sides and the panels are secured with Dzus fasteners. The wheels are quite a bit larger than we expect to find on equipment of this size, resulting in a smooth ride even after all these years. Front panel controls are military style toggle switches.
This is a nice little chamber ready to work. We don't think it's ever been repaired, save for the door latch and modern limit control that's been added. No manuals, cords/cables, or additional items are included if not listed or shown.
- (1) Russells Technical Products GB-8-105-105 Environmental Chamber
- (1) Manual
- Manufacturer: Russells Technical Products RTP
- Model: GB-8-105-105
- Description: Environmental Chamber
- Control: Watlow 920
- Limit control: Watlow 97
- Power requirement: 208V single phase, 34A
- Date of manufacture: 1996
- Refrigerant: R23, R-507
- Compressors: (2) Bristol reciprocating 1hp, appear original
- Heat: 2kW at 230V; 1.5kW at 208V
- Chamber dimensions, interior: 24" cubed. This does not include the rails used to support the shelf.
- Access ports: two 6", one on each side, one rectangular 2.5x8" in the door jamb
30 Day Guarantee
- Guaranteed to be as described
- Can be returned for flaws or malfunctions that were not disclosed
- See complete terms
Customers also viewed