Condition: For Parts or Not Working. This chamber is in Fair cosmetic condition. The inside looks clean but has lots of scratches. The outside is also scratched up and it has been repainted repeatedly. Several places where there were labels, the first layer of paint is peeled off. There is lots of condensation and/or water spot residue in the viewing window. The entire bottom of the top half has corrosion all the way around. The photos show the exact item(s) the buyer will receive.
Notes: This chamber is in Partial working condition. The heater works well, heating very quickly to a few degrees shy of set temperature and then slowly stabilizing at the set point. There is some fault in the controls, which do not turn on the refrigeration at all. We pressed the contactors for each compressor for just a second and they both made normal compressor noises. All four of the refrigeration gauges show pressure; we are not sure if the numbers are good. The interior light does not come on. The interior circulation fan runs. The over temperature safety controller has a setting we don't know how to change, and it sets an alarm over 130ºC (see photo #4). No other testing was done. No manuals, cords/cables, or additional items are included if not listed or shown.
- (1) Thermotron S-8C Chamber
- Manufacturer: Thermotron Industries
- Model: S-8C
- Environmental chamber
- Usable volume: 24" x 24" x 24"
- Temperature range: 175ºC to -55ºC (please read notes)
- Dual-stage R-23 and HP80 refrigeration
- Air-cooled refrigeration
- Stainless steel interior
- Magnetic door lock (no mechanical latch)
- Power: 208V 1phase 60Hz 35
- Manufactured: 1995
- No returns - No refunds - No exchanges
- By purchasing this item, you are agreeing to not seek reimbursement should the item not function to the manufacturer's specifications.
- Read the notes carefully to ensure you are buying something you can use
- See complete terms