Condition: For Parts or Not Working. This chamber is in Fair cosmetic condition. The inside looks clean but has lots of scuffs and scratches. The outside is also scratched up and looks like it was repainted by someone who wasn't a professional painter. Several places where there were labels, the first layer of paint is peeled off, and several places are chipped through 2 layers of white and some places all the way down to metal (see photo #5). The control electronics have been removed and their wires CUT in the control enclosure. There is lots of condensation and/or water spot residue in the viewing window. Note: we could not find specifications for this exact model, temperature range given is from similar models found online. The photos show the exact item(s) the buyer will receive.
Notes: We are not able to test this unit due to lack of a controller. The wires labeled H1, H2, and H3 were checked for continuity and approximate resistance across what we assume are the heater elements. H1-H2 is 39 ohms, H2-H3 is 23 ohms, and H1-H3 is 16 ohms. The fuse on a transformer in the lower cabinet is not blown. All 4 of the refrigeration gauges show pressure; we are not sure if the numbers are good. No other testing was done. No manuals, cords/cables, or additional items are included if not listed or shown.
- (1) Thermotron S-8C Chamber
- Manufacturer: Thermotron Industries
- Model: S-8C
- Environmental chamber
- Usable volume: 24" x 24" x 24"
- Temperature range: 180ºC to -65ºC
- Dual-stage R-23/R-507 Copeland refrigeration
- Water-cooled refrigeration
- Stainless steel interior
- Magnetic door lock
- Power: 208V 3phase 60Hz 22.1A
- Manufactured: 1999
- No returns - No refunds - No exchanges
- By purchasing this item, you are agreeing to not seek reimbursement should the item not function to the manufacturer's specifications.
- Read the notes carefully to ensure you are buying something you can use
- See complete terms